Sintel Forms allows setting fields values based on formulas which are executed dynamically on a form while changing other field values (refer to calculated fields).
One of the interesting use cases is calculating the number of days between 2 dates.
In our demo list we created three columns:
- StartDate: type Date and Time
- EndDate: type Date and Time
- DaysBetween: type Number
The next step is to open the Sintel Forms Designer and place the new fields on a from.
The last step is to define a calculation formula for the DaysBetween field which requires following steps:
- Select the field in the Sintel Forms Designer
- In the “Properties” box enable “Has calculated value” setting
- In the Formula field insert the following code:
Please note that Sintel Forms allows using the momentjs library in formulas.
For the latest updates from Sintel and any of our products follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter.